BITKRAFT is seeking an Investment Associate to join our firm. Your mission will be to help us find and evaluate new investments and support the team across all portfolio companies, projects, and transactions. The right candidate must relish interacting and working with entrepreneurs as well as startup management teams, has a practical ‘get-things-done’ attitude, strong communication skills, and shares a great deal of passion for the gaming industry, startups, and venture capital.
WHO WE ARE:
BITKRAFT Ventures was founded on a love of gaming fueled by entrepreneurial spirit with the explicit purpose of empowering early stage founders to actualize their creative vision.
Since its founding, BITKRAFT’s scope has expanded to include investments in Web3, interactive media, and immersive technology, with the unifying theme being our thesis of Synthetic Reality: That the convergence of physical and digital worlds will continuously introduce new human experiences and create unprecedented social and economic opportunities.
At present, BITKRAFT serves a global portfolio of over 115 forward-thinking startups, each contributing to greater entertainment experiences for the gaming community and the construction of the virtual worlds and economies of tomorrow. BITKRAFT has an AUM of over $800M deployed across funds.
We are a culturally diverse team distributed globally across the US, Europe, and South Africa. Our shared goal is singular: to bring the most inspired and innovative services, products and new IP to the world through expert selection and support of our founders.
We’re ready to meet anyone excited about the future of our sector.
Working on venture capital transactions and deal flow: You will proactively work in the deal team to analyze opportunities by thoroughly assessing founder teams, strategic fit with BITKRAFT, market potential, competitive dynamics, product KPIs, and customer metrics or user reviews. As part of your diligence, you will also make use of your own network of industry contacts, experts, and venture investors. You are able to build your own models and documentation to assist in your findings. You will liaise with the Partners at BITKRAFT to conclude investment decisions.
Portfolio management: You will monitor and support BITKRAFT’s portfolio management initiatives (e.g., KPI and business plan tracking, monitoring of fundraising plans, evaluating monthly financial reportings, reviewing strategy, and roadmap) to identify key areas where BITKRAFT can support.
Origination of new deals: You will build strong relationships for BITKRAFT in the startup and venture capital community and be an ambassador for our firm, e.g., by identifying new investment opportunities as part of our incoming deal flow and by leveraging your network to identify exciting founding teams for BITKRAFT.
Market trends and research: You will independently build expertise around exciting sectors to uncover promising business models and bring forward your own investment theses.
- Strong ambition and a growth mindset
- Passion for and a solid understanding of startups and venture capital—a foundation in startups is helpful to build credibility in working with founders
- Knowledge of and passion for the games and interactive entertainment sectors (including working experience in the industry)
- Candid and clear communication, with strong interpersonal and relationship-building skills
- Strategic mindset with sharp quantitative and analytical thinking as well as great attention to detail: analytical, fact-driven yet pragmatic working style
- Autonomous working style, as well as the ability to synthesize and present complex data, while getting operational and working “hands-on”
- Demonstrated willingness to go the extra mile for new opportunities, portfolio companies, and other projects to score a big win for BITKRAFT
- Proven ability to lead and drive multiple projects at once, while adding creative ideas
- Dedication to our existing portfolio of companies and desire to proactively provide support for them
- Strong financial modeling, and research skills
- Team-oriented attitude and familiarity and passion for working in distributed teams and in remote working environments
- Language Skills: Excellent English, both spoken and written
- Location: Major city in the Western Hemisphere
- The position will require travel