After an extended hiatus, the BITKRAFT annual summit returned September 19-20, 2022, with over 400 investors, entrepreneurs, strategic partners, and high-profile speakers convening at Chelsea Factory in New York City.
- The legendary David Rubenstein, Co-Founder and Co-Chair of The Carlyle Group, joined Founding General Partner Jens Hilgers on stage to share his thoughts on investing, becoming a good interviewer, his approach to writing books, and being “the only person in the room wearing a tie.”
- Leading Metaverse theorist, Matthew Ball, spoke to what we can expect from “the next internet” and signed copies of his best-selling book The Metaverse: And How It Will Revolutionize Everything.
- The BITKRAFT portfolio was well-represented across both stages of programming, with 25+ founders taking the opportunity to showcase the work they are doing within each of their companies.
- September 18, 2022 — Welcome Cocktails: Our event began on Sunday, where we welcomed our portfolio companies to a BITKRAFT Summit kickoff at TAO Downtown for a long overdue catchup over sushi and cocktails.
- September 19, 2022 — Day 1: Our day began with an update for our LPs with a focus on financial performance, portfolio updates, investment highlights, and the BITKRAFT initiatives before welcoming David Rubenstein. General programming highlights included “Digital Identity in the Synthetic Reality” and “Humans & AI Panelists: The Stage of AI in Video Games”.
- September 20, 2022 — Day 2: We began general programming earlier on Day 2, giving opportunity for thoughtful discussion of, among other things, Brain-Computer Interfaces, Hollywood & Gaming, and Creating Inclusive Cultures.